Sunday, July 10, 2011

June 27, 2011

It has been a while since I have had something I wanted to add to this blog. This is a good thing because it means things have been going great, and they have, physically. I have had all my energy restored and almost all of my range of motion on my left side. I have been doing some strength training to gain back what was lost through surgery, chemo, and radiation. I hit another little glitch though. Just when I was thinking that everything was going along great my ovaries decided to start working again and have caused some problems. This is something that wasn't in any of my breast cancer books so I wasn't expecting it. I have had PMS for years and for the last nine months I haven't had a period, so no depression, mood swings, rage, etc. It all came back with a vengeance this month. It was a horrible week. Hormones can be horrid at times. Everything was probably exacerbated because of all the stuff going on with Daniel, but mostly it was just good old hormonal depression. I realize that a good side effect from the chemo was that it took all of that away for a few months. Checked out with the doctor and had an ultrasound done yesterday. One of the concerns with Tamoxifen is uterine cancer, so they want to keep an eye out for those who are still producing estrogen. What the doctor said at the beginning when he first gave me this diagnosis is starting to make sense. He said that cancer is something you will deal with for the rest of your life, meaning there are always things I will need to be aware of and watch out for, and there will always be check ups and such. I don't think I really realized this until just this month. For a while I have been thinking, great it's all over. August will be my next mammogram and check up. I feel peace that all is well and am not stressing. Praise God for His comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment