Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 30, 2011

God has often used our hard times as a catalyst for new things in our lives. This has been a hard thing! God is still God and He is still good. He has used this at least for one new thing in my life. He has led me to start a cancer support group at my church. God has filled me with compassion for His children that are suffering through this disease and I love to lend a listening ear. Unfortunately during my journey and to present there are way too many people He has brought into my path that are either already a ways down their own personal road of cancer or are just beginning. It seems every week I hear of someone else in my circle or church wide community that has been diagnosed. My heart aches for these men and women who will travel down a path that may be filled with pain and uncertainty. I pray for them. God heal them, bless them, comfort them as You did me. I know He will. It is His nature. Things may not always go according to our plans, but they always go according to His plans.

I am out of the woods and there is a beautiful green meadow at the edge of those woods that I have been resting in over the last few weeks. My health is good, my family is great, my hubby is safe, and God is my King. My test results were negative for the BRCA1,2 genes which is very good news. I am going to take the rest of the year off of work to enjoy my family and keep things together while Daniel is away. I am excited about the cancer prayer support group and all the wonderful people that God is going to bring into my life through it. I feel like I'm at the beginning of something great and that great thing is my life!

1 comment:

  1. Yes,a beautiful green meadow prepared for the princess by the King. Praise his holy name.

    ReplyDelete