Sunday, February 20, 2011

Feb 20, 2011

With three more radiation treatments to go my skin is feeling the heat. It blistered up this weekend and is moderately painful, like a really bad sunburn. Of course I would have had to be at a topless beach for this one. Huh! Don't think so. Energy level has been pretty good the last couple of weeks, but today has been spent in rest mode. Some days the tiredness just hits me hard. I often think this is what an 80 year old must feel like. When I bend down it takes some effort to get back up. Most times when this happens, I just laugh at myself cause I just think it's funny, crickity, crackity old body.

Everything else is great. The radiation treatments have gone by so quickly I can't believe it. I usually run into these two older guys at radiation who talk up a storm. It's comical how when you are in these places with other cancer patients all privacy gets thrown out the window. They talk freely with me about their prostate cancer, treatments, and such. I'm usually the only woman in there and these guys just give me such a kick. I have found this to be true though in a few different places that I have been. People want to talk and they want to talk with other people who have some idea of what they are going through. It's therapy, just a different kind, and I enjoy listening.

1 comment:

  1. And what a good listener you are. You have always been very good therapy for me. Time for another trek up to Terrapin. You are welcome to come and stay.

    ReplyDelete